We are pleased to announce that Bruker Japan will participate International Symposium on Diffraction Structural Biology 2019 as a Luncheon Seminar sponsor on 19Oct.
- Luncheon Seminar title: The evolving role of home-lab facilities in macromolecular crystallography
- Presenter: Dr. Vernon Smith
Product Manager, Crystallography & Life Sciences, Bruker AXS GmbH, Karlsruhe, Germany
- Abstract: This luncheon provides an opportunity to consider the changing role of home-lab MX facilities in light of methods development at synchrotron beamlines, such as serial crystallography, and the development of new techniques to complement MX, such as XFELs, cryoEM and more recently microED. It is widely anticipated that MX will continue to provide the majority of macromolecular structures, but the types of samples studied using MX may become more focussed.
With the establishment of mail-in crystallography facilities at most beamlines, and ongoing upgrade programs, the requirements of an in-house MX facility to effectively support the generation of crystal structures is also shifting. The value of in-house facilities is now firmly fixed in a role of effectively supporting the efficient generation of macromolecular structures at beamlines. Modern home-lab instruments are very much focussed on maximum accessibility, compatibility with the synchrotron pipeline and automation layers designed to maximise the productivity of beamtime.
During this luncheon, we will describe recent technological developments by Bruker AXS and discuss how they can be implemented to maximise success and reduce overall time-to-structure. We will also consider how “home-lab” sources can be used to support beamline output during synchrotron upgrade programs.
- DATE: 19 Oct, 2019 12:30-
- Venue: Osaka University Hall 2nd Floor, Seminar room#1
- Capacity: 60 people
- Registration: Please register for the ISDSB and receive the ticket at the information desk on 19Oct.
For further information, please visit ISDSB website: https://isdsb2019.symposium-hp.jp/