The Nanobrücken conference has been hosted annually since 2011. Every year it attracts international researchers and industrial leaders from the field of nanomechanical testing.
The conference combines oral presentations from leading European research groups with practical workshops/tutorials and a poster competition. The conference is opening to all aspects of nanomechanical and nanotribological testing, including biomechanical, in-situ experimentation and theory/simulation.
Key figures from the 2019 conference:
- Over 80 delegates joined the conference to exchange on various topics
- 8 invited speakers from universities in all over Europe
- 30 invited, contributed and student talks were presented during the 3-day conference
“It’s a very nice conference, people are here from around the world and we have very good exchanges. We see new developments on the instruments and we see new developments in applications of these techniques.”
– Prof. Mathias Göken, FAU Erlangen
“I really enjoy it because the participants are very experienced…so it’s like a focused group interaction.”
– Prof. Yeau-Ren Jeng, National Chung Cheng University
"Nanobrücken is a fantastic venue for sharing ideas and seeing how others are applying the technique of nanoindentation."
– Rachel G. Board, Swansea University