• Characterization of CMP Processes with White Light Interferometry 4.1 MB
This application note describes the measurement and analysis advantages that white light interferometry (WLI) offers for the various CMP components. It also details an improvement study that investigated asperity behavior of the fluid layer under the wafer during the CMP process and revealed the effects of polishing and conditioning on the pads, as well as wafer polish results.
• Correlating Advanced 3D Optical Profiling Surface Measurements to Traceable Standards 2.0 MB
This application note describes the advantages of the non-contact inspection method employed by 3D optical profilers, and discusses the best practices and measurement results for some specialized PTB (Physikalish-Technische Bundesanstalt) traceable roughnessstandards and other low-cost fingernail roughness gages.
• Comparing 3D Optical Microscopy Techniques for Metrology Applications 1.6 MB
This applications note investigates the principle of operation for white light interferometry (WLI) and confocal microscopy, also known as laser scanning confocal microscopy (LSCM) and their different advantages and disadvantages.
• 3D Optical Microscopy for Orthopedic Implants 1.9 MB
This application note discusses Bruker’s 3D optical microscopes' roll in both the research and development and quality control stages of orthopedic implants manufacturing.
• Optical Profiling Provides 3D Measurement of Blades and Sharps 1.3 MB
3D surface inspection of blades and sharps can provide valuable information about lifetime and quality of performance to manufacturers.
• Optical Profiling Enables High Volume Stent Manufacturing
This application note discusses how optical profiling provides non-contact, 3D measurement of stent shape, defects, and coatings, to enable high-volume production measurement.
• Characterizing Surface Quality - Why Average Roughness is Not Enough 6.3 MB
In this application note we explore how 3D parameters can be employed to provide great insight into surface finish and performance.
• Performing Comprehensive Wafer Inspection with Non-Contact 3D Optical Profiling 3.12 MB
3D optical profiling allows industry-leading measurement speed while maintaining the same nanometer Z accuracy at all optical magnifications.