• Measuring Nanoscale Viscoelastic Properties with AFM-Based Nanoscale DMA - AN154 2MB
The development of heterogeneous materials like polymer composites, blends, and multilayers are of considerable importance in the chemicals industry.
• Performing Hyperspectral Mapping with AFM DataCube Nanoelectrical Modes - AN152 5.4MB
DCUBE modes provide simultaneous capture of nanometer-scale electrical and mechanical characteristics in high-density data cubes. For materials scientists and engineers, this breaks long-standing efficiency and characterization barriers.
• Improving the Accuracy of Nanomechanical Measurements with Force-Curve-Based AFM Techniques - AN149 2.8MB
This application note discusses the development and implementation of several new features that improve the flexibility, accuracy, and productivity of atomic force microscopes (AFMs) in measuring such important material properties as modulus and adhesion.
• Quantitative Measurements of Elastic and Viscoelastic Properties with FASTForce Volume CR - AN148 3.3MB
Contact resonance captures both elastic and viscoelastic properties including storage modulus, loss modulus, and loss tangent for materials from soft polymers to metals. FASTForce Volume CR uniquely exploits AC force volume mapping to offer over 15 different mechanical data channels including adhesion without tip wear or sample damage.
• Quantitative Mechanical Property Mapping at the Nanoscale with PeakForce QNM - AN128 1.3MB
This application note discusses the principles and benefits of the PeakForce QNM imaging mo