Advancing Feature Analysis and Spectrum Imaging in Scanning Electron Microscopy
Register to download slides & media
Developments in energy dispersive X-ray spectrometry (EDS) on scanning electron microscopes (SEM) have broadened the range of possible analyses. This one-hour webinar will discuss advanced analysis options provided by automated feature analysis which combines morphological characterization with chemical classification – which is particularly important for geoscience, mineralogy and mining.
Our webinar will focus on:
- Detection of features of interest and their morphological analysis
- Automated spectra acquisition of features
- Chemical classification based on their composition
- Retrieval of areas of specific interest for further analysis
- Advanced analysis options by spectrum imaging techniques
- Analysis with low electron beam energy (HV<7 kV)
- Element analysis of structures at the sub-µm scale, in situ within large samples
The discussion will cover several applications including mining and mineral samples:
- Mineral classification
- Quantitative mineralogy
- Ore characterization
A Q&A session will round off the webinar.
Why should you attend?
- Expand your knowledge in EDS analysis
- Learn more about advanced feature analysis and options to extend the analytical capabilities of your SEM
- Discuss your own applications with experts