Label-free Molecular Imaging of Metabolites and Lipids Enhances Understanding of Biological Processes
Register to download slides & media
The chemical interplay within and between cellular networks facilitates diverse functions and contributes to both health and disease. Having the ability to visualize the distribution of small metabolites and lipids at high spatial resolution, in two and three dimensions, enables you to identify regions of interest for more specific analyses.
The timsTOF fleX, which combines best-in-class x-omics with cutting edge MALDI imaging technology, can be used to uncover detailed information to better understand the chemical underpinnings of disease, in the human and infected murine kidney.
Key learning objectives
- How label-free molecular images correlate to disease
- New strategies for classification of disease using molecular images
- New approaches for generating label-free three-dimensional images
- How TIMS technology benefits molecular imaging
- How to map metabolic profiles of normal human organs