Last updated: June 30, 2020
Bruker Corporation and any of its subsidiaries (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” or “Bruker”) respect your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice. For more information about Bruker, refer to the "About Us" section of our website.
Read this Privacy Notice carefully to ensure you don’t miss any information that may be relevant to you. If you are interested in a particular section of this Privacy Notice, click on the relevant link below:
This Privacy Notice is relevant to:
i. Any user of, or visitor to, Bruker’s websites, platforms, applications and other online services or products under our control (“Online Services”).
ii. Individuals who share their business contact information and other personal information with Bruker in the framework of a potential or ongoing business relationship, during webinars, trainings or events including tradeshows or conferences, or for other business purposes, including customer services and product or laboratory services, such as current or prospective customers and their representatives; and
iii. Any members of the public who interact with Bruker and individuals with whom we do business, including, but not limited to, staff of regulatory authorities and suppliers and visitors to our sites and offices.
This Privacy Notice is not applicable to any applicant, employee, contractor, or other individual working on Bruker sites. If you are part of the Bruker staff, please refer to the Staff Privacy Notice on the Bruker intranet. Applicants may refer to the privacy notice on the Bruker job portal.
In certain cases, the collection and use of personal information may be described in a separate privacy notice.
The Bruker company responsible for the collection and use of your personal data (the so called “Data Controller”), and that determines what data to collect, how to use it, for how long to store it, and with whom to share it, depends on your relationship with us. For example:
- If you are a visitor of the Bruker.com website or an investor, the Data Controller is Bruker Corporation, 40 Manning Road, Billerica, MA 01821, USA, and its joint controller affiliated companies whose webpages you have visited and to whom your questions are forwarded based on your request and your location (as provided in the request form).
- If you are a registered user on a Bruker website, the Data Controller is the Bruker company who is managing your registration.
- If you are or work for one of our customers or suppliers, the Data Controller is the Bruker company you are having business with. This information can be found on the invoice or purchase order you receive or in the agreement you have entered into with Bruker.
For any other individuals interacting with Bruker, the Data Controller is the legal entity that manages your relationship to Bruker. This information can be found in the agreement you or your company have entered into with Bruker or can be obtained from your contact person at Bruker.
The list of Bruker legal entities and their contact details can be found here.
The personal information that we collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
In general, we will use the personal information we collect from you only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal information. However, we may also use your personal information for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you (such as scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
As a general principle, your granting of any consent and your provision of any personal information to Bruker is entirely voluntary; there are generally no detrimental effects on you if you choose not to consent or to provide your personal information. However, there are circumstances in which we cannot take action without certain personal data, for example because this personal data is required to process your orders or requests, manage the contractual relationship Bruker maintains with you or the company you work for, or provide you with access to a specific online content or newsletter. In these cases, it will unfortunately not be possible for us to provide you with what you request without the relevant personal data.
Whether you are a customer, a user of our online services (including our websites), a supplier of products and services to us, an attendee or speaker at a conference, event, or roadshow organized or attended by Bruker, or you collaborate in a scientific research or project with Bruker, we will process your personal information to (as applicable):
i. Create an account on our online services for you or the company or organization you work for, and maintain and update such account;
ii. Enable you to access or interact with our online resources, including webinars
iii. Verify your identity, where required by law;
iv. Negotiate and enter into agreements (such as sales and service agreements or research collaborations) with the company or organization you work for, and fulfill your orders for products and services, and perform any obligation arising from our relationship with the company you work for, or as required by law;
v. update orders and transactions;
vi. Contact you about products and services you may be interested in, or provide you with updates and support on products and services;
vii. Provide the company or organization for which you work with our product and services;
viii. Comply with any legal obligations that apply to us;
ix. Verify financial transactions and undertake compliance screening checks.
In accordance with the applicable local laws, and based on your consent where required, we may also:
i. Contact you to send you marketing e-mails or newsletters, marketing material via regular e-mail, or call you over the phone, to understand whether you are interested in our products and services. In these cases, you will have the opportunity to opt out from being contacted by Bruker at any time;
ii. Collect personal information about you (e.g., your position, specialty, and publications) from publicly available sources such as company, university, publications websites, and combine it with personal information we have collected about you, to enhance the customer profile in support of our sales and marketing activities.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our website or application hosting partners and other third parties who assist us in operating our platforms, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as these parties agree to process any personal data in compliance with applicable data protection law;
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners, including distributors and other sales intermediaries, who provide data processing services to us or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we process your personal information,
- An overview of the Bruker sales and service offices is available here https://www.bruker.com/about-us/offices.html. A list of our current group companies is made available on request. Third party service providers and partners include Customer Relationship Management (“CRM”) solution providers or Marketing Automation Solution providers and a list of the third-party service providers and partners relevant with regard to your personal information is made available on request;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Specific measures we use include regular malware scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secure networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. We require the same level of diligence from any third party involved in the processing of your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
Since Bruker is operating within a global network of partners, your personal information may be transferred to and processed in countries other than the country in which you reside, including the USA and the EU. Transfers of personal data outside of your country of origin are made according to the applicable data protection laws, based on your consent where required, or with the implementation of appropriate safeguards such as, but not limited to, a decision taken by the competent data protection authority declaring that the level of data protection of the country of destination is adequate, the EU Standard Contractual Clauses or similar contracts where legally permitted.
If you’d like to know more about how Bruker ensures compliance when transferring your personal information internationally, please contact us at the contact details provided below.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Please note that in many circumstances we cannot effectively do business with you without processing some personal information about you (e.g. your contact information).
You can use our online services without consenting to cookies (unless strictly necessary); the consequence is that some features may be less tailored to you.
You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time. Please use the unsubscribe functionality on such communications.
You can submit a request to Bruker with respect to your personal information by completing this form. More information about specific rights for individuals located in the EU/EEA or California resident is described below.
We will make reasonable efforts to respond promptly to your requests in accordance with applicable laws. When you contact us, we may require you to provide information to authenticate your identity to assist you with your request. If you are unable to provide this information, we may be unable to process your request.
Where we receive your personal information from our customers and process your personal information on their behalf when fulfilling our contractual duties, we may do so in the capacity of a processor. We do not have control over our customers’ privacy and security practices and processes. If your personal information has been submitted to us by a Bruker customer and you wish to exercise any of the above-mentioned rights, please contact the relevant customer directly, or provide us with the name of the customer so that we can appropriately refer your request to them.
If you are located in the EU/EEA or Switzerland the following additional privacy notice applies.
Legal Basis for processing your personal data
In accordance with applicable laws, we in most cases rely on the following legal bases to process your personal data, as appropriate:
- Contract Performance: The processing is necessary for us to perform a contract with you or take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
- Legal Obligation: The processing is necessary for us to comply with an applicable legal obligation
- Legitimate Interest: The processing is necessary for us to realize a justified and legitimate interest considering your privacy and other fundamental rights and interests
- Consent: The processing is performed according to your consent
The specific legal bases on which we rely for each of the purposes which we process your personal information for are set forth below:
|Purposes||Legal Basis (as applicable)|
Sale of our Product and Services
Create an account on our online services for you or the organization for which you work.
Enable you to use online platform to access resources that we may offer from time to time.
Enter into and fulfill a contract with you or the organization you work for.
Send you information (via e-mail or other channels) about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law.
Fulfill your or your organization’s orders for products and services.
Perform our contractual obligations to you or the organization you work for under any applicable contract.
Maintain and update your account, orders and transactions.
Fulfill our contractual obligations to you or the company/organization you work for.
Contract Performance based on applicable contract.
Legitimate Interests to provide services.
Authenticate your identity, where necessary or required by law.
Fulfillment of your requests
Provide requested services, information and product support.
Respond appropriately to your inquiries.
If your request or inquiry relates to a service you have ordered, registered for or otherwise contracted for, Contract Performance based on our Terms of Service or other applicable contract.
If we are legally obligated to respond to your request or inquiry, Legal Obligation.
In all other cases, Legitimate Interest as part of our commitment to provide you with good customer service.
Comply with any legal obligations that apply to us.
Verify financial transactions and undertake compliance screening checks, including against sanctioned parties lists.
Legal Obligations per applicable laws.
Legitimate Interests in protecting customers and Bruker.
Marketing and communication
Customize your experience on the Online Services.
Contact you to determine whether you would like to initiate a business relationship with us or to send you marketing e-mails.
Collect personal information about you (e.g. your position, specialty and publications) from publicly available resources such as company, university, and publications websites, and combine it with personal information we have collected about you, to enhance our profile of you in support of our sales and marketing activities.
Invite you to participate in questionnaires and surveys to understand if you are satisfied with the products and services offered to you or the organization you work for, and to improve our products and services.
Consent as legally required.
Establish and Maintain communication with you
Invite you to participate to videoconference meetings using online tools, such as Webex or Microsoft Teams
Legitimate Interest to ensure consistency and high performance when using online tools across Bruker.
Process recordings of your calls with our customer services representatives to ensure we deliver high-quality service, assist in the training and development of Bruker representatives, and generally improve our customer service to you.
Legitimate Interest to improve our customer service and comply with any applicable legal and regulatory obligations.
Health and Safety
Process CCTV recordings to ensure security on our campuses, as allowed by the applicable local laws
In the case of an epidemic or pandemic, collect information on your presence in high risk areas or screen your temperature before entering the buildings, in accordance with the applicable local laws.
Legitimate interest to maintain the health and safety of our employees on site.
Your Data Subject Rights
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by completing the Data Subject Request Form.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications from Bruker at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you are a California resident, California law provides you with the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you. To submit a request to know, you may call us at +1 (888) 914-9661 and enter the PIN 960300 or submit your request via our Data Subject Request Form.
- The right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you. To submit a request for deletion, you may call us at +1 (888) 914-9661 and enter the PIN 960300 or submit your request via our Data Subject Request Form.
When you exercise these rights and submit a request to us, we will verify your identity by asking you for your email address, telephone number, information about your company’s contract or your direct relationship with Bruker. We also may use a third-party verification provider to verify your identity.
Your exercise of these rights will have no adverse effect on the price and quality of our goods or services.
For the 12-month period prior to the date of this Privacy Notice, Bruker has not sold any personal information, nor does it have any plans to do so in the future.
Please note: If you are a customer of one of our customers, you should contact them first concerning your California Privacy rights.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the "last updated" date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details:
40 Manning Road
Billerica, Massachusetts 01821
United States of America
Bruker's Chief Privacy Officer can be reached at email@example.com