Large Area High Resolution Maps of Geological Samples
Large area maps (Hypermap) in the cm scale are required to investigate the chemical, mineralogical and textural distribution in geological samples. However, large area measurement at the SEM are often too low in resolution to reveal small-scale features.
In order to utilize the high resolution capabilities of a SEM, it is now possible to create a so-called image extension map in ESPRIT software. It is achieved by multi-field hyperspectral imaging in combination with automated stage control.
In this webinar we present Hypermap analyses of geological samples relevant to various applications, e.g. economic geology, igneous and metamorphic petrology, mineralogy etc. The QUANTAX EDS system with the ESPRIT software provides a wide range of innovative analysis options and powerful post processing tools, such as:
- detection and discrimination of major and minor elements
- locating local enrichments of trace elements
- elemental quantification of the full multi-field map
- automatic discrimination of chemical phases
- specific individual mineral phase identification
- determination of mineral phase Area% and elemental compositions
There will be a 15 minute Q&A session where our experts will answer your questions.
Who should attend?
- Everyone dealing with applications where a large overview of the sample is needed
- Researchers from industry and academia who investigate geological samples