Bruker has developed a variety of high-resolution flow NMR probes:
- LC probes with optimized flow cell size for chromatographic peaks and minimized band broadening during sample transfer.
- FI probes optimized for high sample throughput.
Both types of flow probes have a built-in NMR flow cell, which delivers the following advantages:
geometry of the RF coils, together with a fixed flow cell, provide
higher NMR sensitivity in comparison to standard tube probes due to an
improved filling factor.
- Sample preparation like shimming is minimized or even not necessary, as only the sample solution itself is exchanged.
- Preparation of samples in NMR tubes is no longer necessary, eliminating consumption of expensive NMR tubes.
seamless link of the flow probe to a chromatography system or a liquid
handler allows for direct transfer of the sample into the NMR probe.
This direct transfer offers:
- Minimized sample handling and thus minimized danger of contamination and decomposition of samples.
- Highest speed and level of automation from sample preparation to NMR measurement.
probe is the only modification necessary to convert a standard NMR
spectrometer for flow applications and backwards. The probe change can
be done in minutes.