High-Speed Particle Analysis using Feature in the ESPRIT Software
Developments in energy dispersive X-ray spectrometry (EDS) on scanning electron microscopes (SEM) have broadened the range of possible applications. Specifically, it is possible to scan and analyze statistically significant numbers of particles over large sample areas. Such analytical information is important in a range of applications, like filter analysis, asbestos identification, steel inclusions, mineral studies, gunshot residue, geoscience, mineralogy and mining. The automated feature analysis combines the ability to quickly perform a morphological characterization with chemical analysis. Over 30 different morphological properties are used to identify various particles, which can be filtered. Either all of them or a specific subset can be subsequently chemically (elementally) analyzed and classified and grouped based on their composition.
This webinar will focus on:
- Live demonstration of Feature: “How to set up and run a particle analysis in just a few minutes”
- Detection of particles of interest and their morphological analysis
- Automated spectra acquisition of selected particles
- Chemical classification of the particles based on their composition
- Identification of areas of specific interest for further analysis
- Import and data processing of maps within Feature Analysis
A Q&A session will be held at the end of the webinar.
Why should I attend?
- Expand your knowledge in EDS analysis
- Learn more about advanced feature analysis and options to extend the analytical capabilities of your SEM
- Discuss your own applications with experts